- Applied Linguistics: pragmatics, discourse analysis, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, corpus linguistics, phraseology, language and culture, language and technology, language assessment, cross-linguistic and cross-cultural communication, gender studies, and other relevant topics
- Foreign Language Teaching Theory and Practice: L2 acquisition/SLA, content-based instruction, multi-/cross-cultural issues in English education, technology and English education, and other relevant topics
- ESP Research and Teaching: technical writing, corpus resources, English for vocational education/business/tourism/science/medicine/technology/management, innovations in ESP curriculum design, international/inter-cultural communication, trends and challenges in English for specific purposes
- Translation Studies: theory and practice of interpretation and translation, interpretation and translation theory, interpretation and translation practice, interpretation and translation teaching
- Themes otherwise proposed are welcome. Please send proposals to the Host.
Languages: The official languages of the conference are English and Mandarin Chinese. Proposals can be written in either English or Chinese, and each paper should be presented in the language in which it is submitted. For submissions in Chinese, English translations of the title and abstract must also be provided.
- Abstract Due: May 31, 2017
Submit your abstract for a paper or poster presentation in 200-300 words, together with the Author/s Information Form found in the APLX 2017 Call for Paper Notice, by May 31, 2017 to email@example.com. Please indicate “2017 TAIPEI TECH Conference Abstract” as “Subject” in your email. Submissions can be either in English or Chinese.
- Acceptance Notification: before end of June 2017
- Full Paper Due (Optional): Please send your full paper prepared in the APA style on WORD to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2017, and please indicate “2017 TAIPEI TECH Conference Full Paper” as “Subject” in your email.